Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Little Birdie Told Me

My aunt had double knee replacement surgery last week. Yes. Double. While the recovery may take longer, at least when she's feeling better she won't be facing the prospect of rehabilitation AGAIN. I think this is very efficient, and I applaud efficiency. My mom, her sister, suggested I send her a card. Good idea, mom!

This one was inspired by Mary Fish, fellow SU! demonstrator, who profiled this little quickie technique of sponging a lawn and a sky with two colors on a circle. Well, I wanted an oval, so I changed things up a bit. The two colors I chose were Certainly Celery and Baja Breeze. The bird on a branch is from Silhouette Sentiments, a Level 1 Hostess set. It's colored using Soft Suede, Wild Wasabi, which my Color Coach told me was the Dynamic Duo for Certainly Celery, and Riding Hood Red.

I used some CC patterned DSP for a mat, using my Ovals Originals die for the Big Shot, and then I pulled out my newest favorite thing: my Framed Tulips Textured Impressions Folder {squeal}!! Tulips are my favorite flower, but you can't have them when you get married in August. Now I can have them anytime I want, thanks to this little folder that's only $7.95 in the current Occasions Mini. {happy sigh}

The inner dimensions of the frame are 3 1/8" x 4 3/8", so I added some BB there. Stamped the little phrase from Apple Blossoms (another Level 1 Hostess set), tied some non-SU! {shhh} ribbon around the focal image, and the card was complete. Some Stampin' Dimensionals helped the simple image stand out from the card base.

No comments: