Friday, March 4, 2011

Oodles to Share--Day 4: So Happy for You SAB


Hope you're enjoying these consecutive days of posts. I've had many occasions to craft cards for, just not enough hours in the day to write up descriptions of them.

My youngest cousin and his wife just had their second baby, a surprise BOY (they didn't find out at their ultrasound--hurray!). There have been only three boys amidst a slew of girl second cousins, and none to carry on the Schwartz family name. Enter Kiptyn Dale! Everyone's very happy.

I saw this card on Stampin' Connection, a site just for SU! demonstrators to share their creations (don't worry; I linked you to Tessa's blog). Tessa's design was so clean and just my style, so I CASE'd it. It features the star from So Happy For You, a FREE stamp set available only during Sale-A-Bration (SAB) with the purchase of $50 in merchandise of your choice. I loved her color scheme but chose Marina Mist, Poppy Parade, and Peach Parfait, paired with Whisper White, Bashful Blue, and Crumb Cake card stocks for my card.

I stamped the stars on the WW first, then stamped them again and colored over them using my Versamarker. Then I sprinkled them with a combination of Clear Embossing Powder and Dazzling Diamonds and heat embossed them. I cut them out and popped them up on dimensionals--it only took 1/4 of one for each star, to give you some idea of the size of this stamp.

The panel is mounted on Bashful Blue that has been stamped with the A to Z small background stamp using Marina Mist classic ink. The A to Z stamp is one you can choose as a FREE selection from the Big Idea Book & Catalog during SAB, which ends the 31st. The A to Z stamp is really great for baby cards.

I used the Scallop Edge Border Punch and a scrap of Peach Parfait to make a border along the bottom, using my Mat Pack and Paper Piercing Tool to punch little holes in each scallop. Not too girly, I hope! The linen thread tied around the main piece adds some nice visual interest.

I colored direct to rubber in my colors the "so happy for you" sentiment from the set by the same name. It not only includes the star, but a heart, a four leaf clover, a flower, and a butterfly, AS WELL AS five sentiments. A 10-stamp set you can add to your collection FREE--it's a great deal, SAB is!

Put together your needs list of supplies, be it stamps, ink, card stock, markers, adhesive, ribbon, brads, you name it. Then leave me a comment or contact me via email (jenn.nahrstadt@nahrstadt.com) and I'll hook you up with a SAB brochure so that you can choose your FREE item! It's super easy, but only available til the 31st.

Hooray for baby BOYS!

No comments: