Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Oodles to Share--Day 2: Aviary Background 2

When I created this patterned paper using a trio of birdcages from the Aviary stamp set, I ended up with enough for two cards. For this one, I chose Marina Mist as the coordinating color to the Very Vanilla card stock, a Crumb Cake mat, and Crumb Cake ink. I stamped the popped up birdcage in Early Espresso this time, and I like the boldness of the contrast. I added a little 1/8" Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon because it was laying on my desk, begging to be used.

The tiny word "friends" is from the Tiny Tags that was designed to scale for the Simply Adorned jewelry line (see my post on this here). I'm happy I found a use for it with cards as well. I copied my layout from my other card I made, but when I mounted it on MM, the wheels began to turn again. I had seen a card that had what looked like a bookmark as a design element on it, and I mimicked that a bit on my card.

I added some 5/8" Victoria Crochet Trim and used one of the stamps from You're A Gem, currently offered in the Occasions Mini, and had the look I wanted. I love that the coordinating Stampin' Write Markers that SU! offers make it easy to create elements that are two-toned and match the color scheme of the card.

Just because cards are fun to make, and I'm glad I have these in my stash for when the occasion arises to encourage a friend.

1 comment:

Tammy Bendel said...

Hi Jenn! I like several of your projects so I chose you for the Stylish Blogger Award. You can see what to do at my blog at www.stampwithtammyb.blogspot.com.

Thanks for sharing your Ideas!
Tammy Bendel