Monday, June 16, 2008

Father' Day 2008

Here's a quickie post because I have to shower and get on the road to work. I don't have to be there today until 9:30, which is so wonderful! This is the card I put together for my dear husband Saturday afternoon. I should've taken a picture of the inside for you to view too, because I had our son Michael list the things he appreciates about his Dad. They were great, and very much from the mouth of a 13 year old. I'll share the first so that you can get an idea of what the list contained: I appreciate you, Dad, because you argue on my side more often than on Mom's. Yes, we know who the "good time" parent is in this household, and it ain't ME!

We had a quiet celebration. Actually, we had a great meal Saturday night, and it's a good thing. Bob came down with some sort of viral thing that knocked him down after church, so he was not his normal self most of the day. We all went to bed before 9!

One other bit of stamping news: SU! has released its list of stamps that will be retired when the current Spring-Summer Collection Main Catalog sales period ends August 10. Let me tell you, there are some goodies going away, and you don't want to miss out on your chance to have them in your stamping collection! Follow this link to the Stampin' Up! homepage and click on "A Fond Farewell" and you'll access the entire list. I can also send you an email with it as an attachment if you desire, so leave me a comment if you want to know more!

Happy day, all! Oh, and thanks for the information about the mimosa tree. Saw a stunning specimen last night when Bob and I went walking.

1 comment:

sandra said...

I like the colors!!
James loved the T-shirt card I gave him for Father's day.