Friday, June 6, 2008

Challenged by the Color Challenge

I almost didn't post this card. I'm not sure if I like it or not. How 'bout I let you decide?

The last color challenge that Kristina Werner had was to use So Saffron, Old Olive, Not Quite Navy, Bashful Blue and Whisper White. I like this color combination, so I pulled out all the card stock and ink pads and thought this was going to be an easy one. I had a design in my head, but when it came to executing it with the stamp set I chose--Wonderful You--something just didn't gel.

I think the biggest problem came when the panels on which I'd stamped the main floral images were too big for the layout I had pictured. I began cutting them down, and ended up with what you see. I also had a background panel in mind, thus the OO pieces with the outline leaf stamp. This too had its issues.

I stamped the middle outline flower in SS and then used my pads and aquapainter to try to create a soft natural look. I curled the image around a pencil, just slightly, to give it some dimension.

Oh well...at least I tried, right? SAS is tonight and tomorrow morning, so I'm off to get dinner for the fam before my stampers arrive. I'm gonna sleep like a baby tonight...been up since 3:45am!

3 comments:

sandra said...

not one of my favorite, but i like the color combination

Lisa Leonard said...

Hey girlie! You won the sweet sister necklace. yay!! email over your address...

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

you make beautiful work! :)