Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Thanks and Farewell

A guy Bob has served as a volunteer under at church is leaving to "spread his wings" and try new opportunities. I thought it would be nice to thank him for the way he has led with humility and sincerity, and wish him all the best as he ventures out into the wide wide world. Besides this, Brian is one guy I know appreciates a good card; he sent out beautiful handmade Christmas cards with his roommates while he was in college.

As this was another time when I had need of a masculine card, I returned to Circle Circus. I was inspired by a color combination of Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie (retiring June 30), and Old Olive by Monika Davis that also utilized the stamp set. I also had this card by Mary Fish in my Google Reader saved category for quite some time, and that helped with the layout.

I end up getting carried away with this and it took much longer than I anticipated. But, that's what made it fun too! I stamped several of the circles and began adding color combinations with layers and with markers, and the final result is quite the piece of eye candy!

There are parts of circles popped up on Stampin' Dimensionals, parts cut out by hand, and others punched with various circle punches. I think I used 1 3/8", 1.25", 1", and .5"!

The message is from retired Lots of Thoughts, which pairs with retiring Mark the Date, and I colored direct to rubber to get the look I wanted.

Don't forget that there are many stamps and accessories retiring at the end of this month. Don't wait to peruse the lists and make your purchases. When they're gone, they're gone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool jenn Brian will appfeciate it.