Thursday, June 17, 2010

Check Out my New Purse!

What woman do you know who doesn't like a new purse, especially if it's stuffed with handmade cards?

Fellow demonstrator Becky Roberts created this amazing tutorial for a paper purse that holds four cards and envelopes. I purchased it and followed the fabulous, detailed with photos instructions a few days ago. WOW! What a unique item to have in my gift closet.

I'm offering my local stampers the opportunity to make this purse and the coordinating cards next Saturday. I used some of my favorite Designer Series Paper, Urban Garden, for this project, and paired it with Basic Gray card stock. Don't you just love the "buckles" that hold the handles on the purse? They're made using metallic silver card stock and black brads. And that pocket on the front? It's functional, complete with a velcro closure! Perfect for holding a little gift card for some shopping...

The cards used the same color scheme. A girl's gotta have coordinating accessories, right? As a demonstrator, I was able to preorder a few sets from the soon-to-be released 2010-2011 Big Idea Book & Catalog, and Because I Care was one that came FREE with my order! (You could also get it free, contact me to find out how!)

The first one uses a .75" square punch to highlight details of the hydrangea stamp image that comes with the set. I stamped it with Basic Grey classic ink, then punched out details that I wanted to highlight. Then I stamped the image again and layered the small squares on top. I wanted a look that mimicked a scientific botanical textbook illustration.

One of the things that was also delightful about preordering from the upcoming catalog (being released July 1) was getting a set of Stampin' Write Markers to complement the returning InColors that are being added to the line permanently.

BAJA BREEZE is coming back! I was down to scraps in my stash of card stock, and now I don't have to scrimp anymore. Having the marker made coloring the flower image so easy, and the journaling tip allowed me to place color just where I wanted it on this fine line image.

With the second card, I stamped the hydrangea in Basic Grey again and hand colored the image with my BB marker and an Old Olive Marker. You can double-click on the card to see it up close so you can see that I didn't color the whole image, just the line art. It took a little time, but I love the final result! The thank you is also part of the set and was stamped with BG and punched with the Label Punch.

My inspiration for the third card was Diana Gibbs' card. She used the image to make a patterned background paper, and I kept mine simple and added some BB striped ribbon and created a tag using the other sentiment from the set. The little flower that accents the tag is also one of the images. You may also be able to tell that the floral piece is spritzed with Vanilla Smooch Spritz, another new product that was first released in the Summer Mini and will be carried over into the new catalog. It adds just a hint of shimmer and I love how easy it is to apply from its little spray bottle.

The last card features a slightly different take on the image. I inked up the flower head with BB and stamped it onto BB card stock and cut it out. Then I repeated the process using OO and matching card stock for the stem and leaves. I mounted it all with Stampin' Dimensionals on Whisper White card stock. The BG background piece is stamped completely with the hydrangea image, which creates a cool look.

See how versatile this set is? It's only available to hostesses, so consider now partnering with me to plan a catalog party or a private class so that you can earn it for FREE with orders of $150 or more. Trust me, there's so many cool things in the catalog, you could spend that all by yourself!

If you're local and want to attend the class, the cost is $28 and includes a printed copy of the instructions, the purse, and the four cards with coordinating envelopes. Please RSVP by Monday, June 21.

1 comment:

Inking Idaho said...

Wow! That is pretty in those colors and I love the cards!!