Thursday, June 10, 2010

Double Birthday Wishes

My twin nieces will be FIVE on Father's Day. It's hard to believe they're going to be going to kindergarten in the fall!! As I was sorting through sets I'm contemplating selling, I came across retired Wild About You and decided to ink it up to see if I still had any love for it.

I started with this card as inspiration (scroll down to see the card), but after I'd stamped each of the animals once, the thought of animals coming TWO BY TWO occurred to me, and it seemed like a subtle nod to the twins, so I went with it.

A LOT of cutting later (I think this card took more than an hour), I had the animals mounted on Whisper White and matted with returning former InColor Pink Pirouette. The colors for the animals include Perfect Plum, also returning (YIPPEE) Baja Breeze, So Saffron, returing Wild Wasabi, and Soft Suede. These colors, with the exception of Soft Suede, are part of the new Subtles Collection created by SU!'s Color Renovation. For the record, this card is 5" x 7".

I was also inspired by Teneale Williams' amazingly creative use of Party Hearty to create a banner, and this became a core element of my card.

The party hats from the set were stamped with Pink Pirouette and cut out. Then the circle "Celebrate You" from the set was stamped multiple times in each of the colors except Soft Suede. Using my 1/4" circle punch, the letters to spell "celebrate" were punched out and adhered to the now-pennants with glue dots. (If you scroll through Teneale's post, you can see a photo of these elements.)

I added the asterisk design from the center of "Celebrate You" stamp and tied five bows using 1/8" non-SU! sheer pink ribbon. I can hardly wait to send it to them! They'll be visiting Disney World on their birthday, and I'm sure that this year's celebration will go down in their memory as one of the best!

1 comment:

Karenpie said...

Hi Jenn!
This card is so cute - I forgot how much I liked this set. Wish I would have BOUGHT it when it was available. Of course, now my kids are grown up and I wouldn't use it as much. But still.

I've been thinking about you lately - I'm having a card swap with 15 other girls! We're all making one design and the "guts" for another 15. Then we're all getting together on the 19th to assemble cards and drink cosmos.

I SO WISH you lived nearby. Want to fly up to Portland for the weekend to make cards? Ha! Ha! I'm sure it's in the budget. Bob won't mind will he? Oh OK, bring him along. He and Duane can make the cosmos.