Monday, August 31, 2009

Same Sentiment, Different Application

Have you ever met someone and wondered how it is that you've not known them your whole life? This happened to our family last fall when we met Allison and Kyle from IN. Allison and Kyle came here for a bloggers' party and stayed with us.

Well, today is Kyle's birthday. I love that this man is a thinker and that he's striving, struggling, and wrestling with making his life count for Jesus. So, the same sentiment I used for the card for Larry was the one I chose for Kyle. He's all about making the years count, so I knew he would resonate with this quote.

Not sure why I went with the western theme, but this retired Outlaw Designer Series Paper sure fit the bill. The gate fold is a 4.25" x 11" scored at 2.75" in from each end. I chose Very Vanilla for the base, layered on Really Rust card stock and some more of the Outlaw DSP to create some panels. I stamped the sentiment, which is from the retired set It's Your Birthday, in RR and crumpled it to get a worn looking focal point. I also frayed the edges with scissors, then used my Creamy Caramel marker to "age" it a bit more.

Kyle, I know you're not one to enjoy the spotlight on your day, but Happy Birthday! We Nahrstadts are proud to call you friend. By the way, be on the lookout for something in the mail. I'll give you a hint: it's brown.

No comments: