Friday, August 7, 2009

Distracted? Who's Distracted? I'm Cleaning. Promise.

My FB status says I'm cleaning house, and I am. I was picking up the clutter in the kitchen when I came across this nifty envelope that Kroger sent me for my faithful patronage. That corn on the cob makes me homesick for IN, where August is CORN month. But I digress. I need to get back to cleaning (wink, wink), so on with the project.

The envelope was sealed with some sticky substance that allows it to be opened and shut etc., so I not only opened it, but peeled apart the cool interior pocket to check out the dimensions. It measured 13.5", which is 1.5" too long for adaptation by me with Designer Series Paper into a neat little gift set for cards. I didn't want to lose the upper flap, so that meant I needed to shorten the interior pocket by 1.5". No problem!

I did a trial run with two cards and envelopes using the adapted Kroger version, and it worked! So I pulled out some DSP I was willing to part with, cut, scored, and strategically applied some Sticky Strip. Done!

I used minimal decoration, as is my style, adhering some wide Old Olive grosgrain ribbon with Sticky Strip, and in less than 15 minutes had a sweet little two-card gift set for someone special!

Would you like to have something like this on hand to give to someone when you need a hostess or thank-you gift? I'd love to give you and some of your friends personal instruction! Contact me to set up a date. It'll take less than 2 hours to make this and 2 cards, and we'll have a marvelous time together!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Such a great, cute idea! If I lived closer I'd take you up on it.