Saturday, August 22, 2009

Celebrating Zachary


I've had all these cards made and photos taken for a few days, but I've been otherwise occupied with life, so I haven't had time to upload them and write accompanying posts. I finally got around to it on Saturday, so enjoy the next few posts!

A couple who are regulars at my store had their first child a few weeks ago. They didn't find out ahead of time what the sex of the baby was, and I was so thrilled for them when I found out they had a boy. I'm biased, so deal.

As I thought about what to make for our team to sign, I pulled out my stash of Bashful Blue card stock and found there a half sheet with the word "baby" stamped around the edges as a border. It was a long ago leftover from a consultation I did with a friend when she was considering birth announcements for her third baby, and when she chose something else, I kept it. And promptly forgot all about it.

I liked how it looked and decided I'd make something personalized for Rory and Anna's sweet boy. I used the Delicate Dots DSP from this spring's SAB promotion and created a large mat. Then I stamped each letter of Zachary's name with my Jumbo Outline alphabet on some coordinating DSP from that collection and cut them out. I didn't feel it needed anything more, and we'll all sign the back and give it to the proud parents the next time they're in.

I love personalizing cards for these types of special occasions. How do you celebrate people in your life?

No comments: