Friday, May 30, 2008

Who's Inspiring Who?

The other day, the Restoration Hardware catalog came in the mail. The back cover caught my attention. I liked the color combination and wanted to mimic it using Chocolate Chip and Groovy Guava card stock. I also have a new package of designer paper from SU! called Afternoon Tea that I want to use in a card for next weekend's Stamp-A-Stack.

When I pulled the 12 sheets out of the plastic, low and behold, what colors are part of this group of papers, but these! I chose Groovy Guava as the base for the card and set to work.

I didn't realize when I purchased this that there's a new stamp set in the current Occasions Mini called Live Your Dream that coordinates with this DP, but in the end it didn't really matter. I decided to use the paper with the white background and the flowers as my focal image, and it evolved from there (with a little inspiration from the SCS gallery for Afternoon Tea).

The sentiment on the outside is one of the best that SU! has ever produced, in my opinion. It's from the retired set called Gratitude and it is just such a wonderful thing to communicate to someone. I stamped it with Craft Whisper White ink and embossed it with White embossing powder. The ribbon addition was done using the double rectangle punch and some double-stitched GG ribbon. If you double-click on the photo of the full card above, you can see those details.

I have a really cool card I'm going to go work on for Father's Day that will be part of next weekend's SAS. It's still not too late to RSVP...

BTW, for those of you who may be questioning the correctness of my post's headline, I've included this link for you from Grammar Girl.

2 comments:

sandra said...

it is a very nice card!!!

neelam said...

lovely card!

would you tell me more about your SAS class? like how many projects do you do? how many of each? still trying to figure things out over here.... :)