Saturday, April 19, 2008

In search of relaxation...


Two nights ago, I sat down at my craft table around 9pm and began to color. I had finished putting together the supplies for today's Stamp-A-Stack--I missed all who couldn't come--and I needed to unwind. I spotted a scalloped circle in Whisper White on my desktop and decided it was time to do something with it. I went to the Friendly Flowers set and pulled out the largest flower. I had some Purely Pomegranate scraps on the desk and decided to use Rose Red (no marker for PP) as my jumping off point for creating a color palette.

I pulled out my handy SU! Color Coach wheel and pointed the arrow to Rose Red. The coordinating colors of Cameo Coral, Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, and Garden Green were listed. The flower that's the focal point of this card is the result. I really enjoy coloring on rubber. I didn't even moisten this by exhaling before stamping it. Great colors together, yeah?

The word "friend" comes with the Friendly Flowers set, so again I started with that and thought about what I could add to that on the Garden Green base. I have a stash of sayings that I attached to Jenga blocks (see this post for deets) and I combed through those and found "praying for you." This is not something I say lightly, so this card will be reserved for someone who truly needs to know they are being lifted up and for whom I'm really faithfully interceding.

I didn't want to put anything else on the card besides the main image, but it seemed a bit lacking. I didn't have ribbon that would complement, so I went with the little triangles that match the colors of the flower. Still not sure I really like these, but they're attached now, so they're staying.

I know I've been a bit lax in posting these past two weeks, and I don't want my faithful readers to be discouraged. I'm just suffering from a bit of creative burnout. I have 2 days off this coming week, so I'm going to see what I might do to remedy this. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

3 comments:

sandra said...

i like the color combination and I think the triangles work well too

Lydia Fiedler said...

Wow - that flower is just stunning - there's something about it that reminds me of something Dutch. A little plate or something I saw once. I can't believe you did it without huffing - considering all the detailed coloring that is a great timesaving tip. Isn't it amazing how much energy you need to be creative? You really do. So I hope that your days off ( you lucky dog! ) rejuvenate your artistic streak - if this is you in a slump, I can't WAIT to see the rest of the week! :)

Alex said...

I love it Jenn!!! The scallop and stamp are fabulous together and I love the colors you chose! We all get in a slump, girl, we know you will be back!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex