Monday, April 14, 2008

Seeing Double...

Greetings on this rainy Monday! Seems the dreary weather we experienced while away the latter half of spring break last week followed us home! Oooooooh Noooooooo!! At least it's only supposed to last today and tomorrow, and then our sunny skies and warm temps will return.

Today I want to show you the difference a stamp set can make when duplicating a card. (I apologize in advance for the somewhat blurry picture, but I wasn't in the mood to try to retake it.) Back in February, I made the card on the left as part of a SCS color challenge. (Read this post for details.) Today, I wanted to use the same layout and colors but a different stamp set. (Actually, I subbed Green Galore for Certainly Celery. Forgot to pick some of that up at my upline's house when I saw her Friday! Drat...)

I pulled out Wonderful You and did the background the same as I did before, and the only change is the positioning of the panel on the front from horizontal to vertical. I think the change is noticeable, and that just goes to show you that simply by changing the stamp set, you have a unique look.

I've been doing laundry and putting away suitcases, so now I"m going to treat myself to some reading before Michael gets home from school. Days off go by WAY too fast...

2 comments:

sandra said...

welcome back!!!!
it's amazing how a simple change of direction and stamps can make these two cards look so different.

Alex said...

welcome home!!! I love them both but you are so very right - just a small change makes all the difference!! Great cards!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex