Monday, April 28, 2008

Box Card #2--A Friend Is...

Working with designer paper is a challenge for me, because I'm such a hoarder! But, as this one came together, three pieces were used. My blogger friend Amy Westerman, the queen of designer paper usage, would be proud!

The sentiment for this card is from the God's Blessings set, and says: "A friend is someone who strengthens you with prayers, blesses you with love, and encourages you with hope." As I said this morning, who wouldn't want to receive this?!? I'm not sure why I didn't get this set before, but I can tell I'm going to be inking it a lot in the future.

The base is the other half of the Bashful Blue 8.5" x 11" sheet I started with this morning, and although it may look like the dotted paper is the next layer, it's acutally two strips I had been saving. The dotted Rose Red dp and the striped dp both remind me of wallpaper, so that's sort of what inspired this look. I like how the vertical RR stripes seem to add some depth of field, almost making it look like there are more "segments" of paper than there are. Of course, I enjoy coloring directly on rubber, and highlighting specific words by strategically placing RR, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, and BB.

This is a great card to have on hand! Stay tuned for cards 3 and 4.

No comments: