Thursday, February 7, 2008

Making the Most of an Opportunity


You may or may not know this about me, but I'm going to confess today that I'm something of a tightwad. I like to get the most bang for my buck, and that's what today's post is all about. If you're wondering what stamps and the game Jenga have in common and what they have to do with getting the most for my money, allow me to explain.

One of the perks of being a demonstrator is placing orders on behalf of various individuals and getting the hostess benefits because the order totals $150 or more. I did this late last year when I combined several individual orders with one of my own and earned a Level 1 Hostess Set called Small Sayings.

While I liked some of the sayings, the way they came from SU! was like the above picture. They were meant to be mounted on 3 blocks, leaving the stamper to ink up whatever saying she liked and stamp from there, or ink up the entire block, stamp it, and then cut out the one or ones she liked. This seemed challenging at best and frustrating at worst, since figuring out how to determine placement, if I wanted to place said small saying on a card without layering it, would be like stamping blind.

Enter Jenga! This idea was not mine, but I happily used it to my benefit, and to yours, as you'll soon find out! These cool blocks are neatly sanded, precisely cut, and a perfect medium for a rubber stamp. So I cut the 34 sayings and mounted each on its own block! An empty Swiffer pads container became their new home. If this idea appeals to you, Many Happy Returns from the current catalog is adaptable to this technique. It's a great way to add lots of sentiments to your stamping stash!

Here's where it gets good for you! Sign up to be a hostess for a class between now and March 17, and you and each one of your guests will get to choose from this stash. How many? I'm not sure...depends how many hostesses and guests I have! As they say, get while the getting's good! Leave me a comment and I'll contact you so that we can set up a date. The benefits for hostesses and guests alike are SOOOO good during this time because it's Sale-A-Bration. You don't want to miss out!

Like Martha would say...it's a good thing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's very smart and a 'Mc Giver" type of things (hope you know who Mc Giver is....)
P.S. I'm not sure I can beat the next SAS: there is a chance I have to travel to Germany for business that day....

Lydia Fiedler said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

HOW ARE YOU SO SMART???? DO YOU REALIZE THAT THE SALES OF JENGA ARE ABOUT TO TRIPLE????

And I'm a little misty over your Martha tribute!! *sniff* !!

Seriously - brilliant!!

Gotta go - gonna buy some Jenga stock!! ;)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

You are too funny, Jenn! Calling yourself a tightwad! I laughed out loud! hee hee hee