Wednesday, February 13, 2008

February SAS Card #2


The Always set has been one of the most popular of the Spring-Summer Collection, and here's a second card that was made using it. (See this post for the first card.)

I've seen a few cards with this color combination of Chocolate Chip and Groovy Guava, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. I also had saved a card in SCS that had mentioned being able to heat emboss with classic ink and versamark and a stamp-a-ma-jig. Normally a craft ink, which is pigment based and not water based, is used as a base for embossing powder. But who has every color SU! makes in both craft and classic inks? Not I! I also knew I needed more practice with the stamp-a-ma-jig, so I tried this to see if it would work.

Like a charm, it did!! All I did was stamp the image with the CC ink, aligning the upper left corner of the stamping block with the T-square and the clear plastic sheet. Then I replaced the clear plastic sheet with Very Vanilla card stock and stamped with the same CC ink again. I cleaned the stamp and without moving the VV or the T-squareI re-inked my birdie with Versamark and stamped it again over the classic CC ink. Perfect alignment and a super glossy result! I think you'll enjoy learning to use this tool.

The ribbon in the corner and the layers being asymmetrical just sort of happened. More fun than the original layout of someone's that I was going to adapt, I think! What do you think?

My husband has rehearsal tonight with the band for the Sunday service at our church, so Michael and I are on our own this evening. Can you say "pizza"? (Homemade though.) The boy has a project to do about a poet, and it's due next Tuesday. Having just completed a speech for the same class, he's not all that enthused about another deadline, so there will have to be some creative "hand holding" to get him started on this next project.

Perhaps there will be time for more stamping this evening, but I probably should wait until tomorrow. My shoulders are telling me that I've been spending too much time looking down today! The things I put myself through for the sake of crafting! If anyone has any suggestions on how I can alter my environment to ease this pain, I'm all ears.