Wednesday, February 13, 2008

February SAS Card #3

I know I said I shouldn't continue stamping, but this card really doesn't have much stamping on it. So I'm not really breaking the rules, am I!

The inspiration for this was from fellow blogger Nancy Riley. She provided a very helpful tutorial, which I modified a bit as the card evolved. I love the color scheme, and it uses double-sided designer paper, so both sides get to be displayed. Having made my own quilt once (emphasis on the word "once"), I can attest that this is so much easier and less time consuming than that project. I don't think I can cuddle under this card for warmth, though, and today I need to--it's about 35 degrees right now. This is quite cold for GA, but tomorrow it's supposed to be in the 50s.

I hope this is whetting your appetite for this month's event! The boy is home from school, so I need to take off my crafter's cap and put on my pizza making hat. That's all for now!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Beautiful card, Jenn! Love this one!

sandra said...

it is very "masculine" in the color scheme.sometimes it is not easy to find a masculine card, but you got it!!!etv

Nancy Riley said...

GREAT job on your quilt card, Jenn!!!! LOVE the Wintergreen dp!

btw ... re. the 13-yr. old & deodorant ... my 13-yr. old forgets too! I think it's just the age (along with lots of other stuff!) LOL!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

YOu are too funny! "take of my crafting hat and put on my pizza making hat". You always make me giggle! :) Love the simplicity of your card!