Wednesday, February 6, 2008

No, I Haven't Fallen Off the Planet...



but yesterday I was shocked to see that 5 days had passed since I posted! I have been busy doing stamping, but there's been a lot of life happening too. Sorry! I'll try to be more regular, especially since I have some beautiful new things to share with you.

One of my regular stampers commissioned me to create a DVD tin for one of her colleagues who is retiring in March. She wanted me to make it masculine, for the obvious reason, and she's going to use it to have her coworkers write notes of congratulations and remembrance to him as he retires. Isn't that so sweet? Anyway, I didn't want it to be drab and dark, as masculine items tend to use darker palettes. Not this one!

The lettering on the front uses my NEW Jumbo Outline alphabet, and it worked just as I hoped it would. I like the playful feel, and yet how it's not feminine at all. The color palette for the word is pulled from the designer paper that's the base of the card.

The interior is just more of that palette put to good use. The pocket features the man's initials done with two Simon Lower chipboard letters that are covered with designer paper.

A simple memento that I hope will be what Anne wanted, and meaningful to her colleague.

Today is my only day off this week, so I want to make good use of all the time I have this afternoon. I have something else I need to work on that's stamping related, so I'll sign off for now. Thanks for sticking with me.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Love it, Jenn! I think you nailed this one. Definitely fun & masculine!!! Hope you enjoy your day off!

Anonymous said...

these DVD tins are a "must have"