Friday, November 2, 2007

Present Card, Take 2



Good afternoon! I was running errands this morning and saw these beauties along the way. Oh how I love fall! Our trees are really stressed and the leaves are slightly shriveled, due to the severe drought we're in the grip of. But what amazed me when I looked closer is that, despite all they're going through, the tree's leaves are still turning color and giving a glorious display! Now that's what I call praising the Creator. I should take a lesson...but I digress.

I got home as soon as I could from my outing so that I could do more crafting. I wanted to take another whack at that present card, so that I could cement how I made it in my head for future reference. Good thing I did! Gals, I gave you the wrong dimension on the top present this morning--chalk it up to not having the sleepies out of my eyes while counting those little 16ths on the ruler--but the width is 1 5/8", not 1 7/8".

For this version I added a gift tag. I like how this makes it even more clear that these are presents stacked high for that special someone. I also created the second present flap by using a strip of double-sided designer paper (I used the Cerise set for this card) instead of card stock. It added color inside the card as well!

I have been poking around the internet again and I have a technique I want to try, so I'll sign off. Happy Friday...hope you get to stamp this weekend! I'll post pictures from the Christmas Card Assembly Party tomorrow sometime.

2 comments:

My Paper World said...

Great card, I love the added tag it looks fab!

Paula said...

OMG - I just LOVE your photos!! What amazing colour!! I live in Sydney, so we don't get quite that sensational colour here. Up in the mountains yes, but not here.