Monday, November 26, 2007

Like a Deer in Headlights...



This is what my house looks like this morning. The contents of our bedroom, my craft room, and Michael's bedroom are all in the main living spaces of the house because we're having the carpeting cleaned. AACK! I HATE clutter and disorganization, and it has me all riled up inside.

Thanksgiving was a bit of a blur--I worked at Starbucks for 6 hours that day--and I've been working every day since. I really don't mind hard work, but this chaos, although temporary, feels like a foreshadowing of how life is going to be in the coming month. Work, festivities, Christmas cards, projects, maintaining the household, all seem to be coming down the proverbial pike en masse, and I'm like a deer in headlights.

I don't like this. As they say, somethin's gotta give. Right now, I don't know what that is. I want to take time to enjoy the holiday season--try to make some memories with my family, other than barking out orders for where we need to be next or what we need to get done. That's what I seem to do when I'm out of sorts internally, I get snippy. I'm trying to create some sort of order externally, when I really need to find a way to address what's going on inside.

All this to say, there may not be many posts in December. I'm hoping to get a grip, but if I don't, I'm asking in advance for grace. If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears. Right now, though, I gotta run--work in 30 min. One good note: it's raining!!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Breathe, Jenn, breathe!
Just like what you describe, I had one of those days today and I lost my top! I had to literally sit down and take a couple of deep breaths and regroup. Some things will get done today, and some won't. And if you're so inclined, say a quick prayer for strength! Take it easy! :)

Lydia Fiedler said...

I know exactly what you mean. I feel completely out of control too. And I know what you mean about clutter. It makes me super crabby. However, I would bet that no one in your family cares about it as much as they care about hanging out with you. Let's face it - you're fun! So I would let some of that slide. Work, so you can buy some fun presents, spend time with your family, and just enjoy the season. It's so short and everything just goes back to boring when the tree comes down! And I agree with NC. Nothing beats a prayer!! You'll get through it. Especially with espresso! =)

Big hug from me.