Monday, November 12, 2007

I Owe You

...an apology! So sorry that it has been 8 days since my last post! Life here got a little crazy--working and preparing to go out of town for the weekend--and now I'm in the midst of a very busy week...again. I'll try to post more this week, but it will definitely be in the evenings. I'll also do my best to be more regular, because I miss being creative, and I miss interacting with you. Thanks for your understanding.

On to some cool pictures. This weekend I was in IL for a SU! meeting with 100 other demonstrators. I was the one who came from the farthest away, and it was well worth the time and energy. I made 30 swaps to exchange with those in attendance, and this received rave reviews.

It's a CASE of a travel tissue holder, the template for which was so generously put forth on the internet by Julie Ebersole. If you email me, I'll send it to you! What's great about these little beauties is that they're fast and easy, and they have a WOW factor. It all begins with a 4"x11" piece of cardstock. I chose, since I had 30 to do, to wheel my design onto the paper instead of stamping separately that many times. This wheel is called Petals, and it coordinates with the popular Polka Dots and Paisley set. Simple color coordinating of pale plum paper and perfect plum ink. The travel tissues are inexpensive--8 for $1.50. I removed them from the package and formed the case around them. The cool thing about this is that it's refillable!

At the meeting there were many demonstrators who brought displays of their cards and 3D projects. This one in particular caught my eye.

Odds are pretty good that you'll be giving someone a CD for Christmas. This is a great festive way to package it! I like that it doesn't require a box, but there's still the element of surprise for the recipient. This was just one of the many ideas I saw while I was there. I was busy chatting and swapping, though, so I didn't take many pictures.

Here's one more for the day: I used to be such a traditionalist about the holidays. While I still think red, green, and white are classic, this one with its soft color combo caught my eye. This is certainly celery with rose red, with a touch of almost amethyst. I also liked the layout.

Tomorrow I'll post again, I promise! I have a workshop I'm co-hosting with Melissa on Wednesday, and before I left town I came up with a cool card. (Mojo under pressure!) It'll show you just how some pretty paper changed my opinion about Christmas colors. It won't have any pink in it though--just can't go there, girlfriends!

P.S. Please remember me and say a prayer if you're a praying person. I came down with some sort of virus while I was gone, and it has me nauseated today. I can't afford to get laid low by this--too much going on this week. Thanks...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you will feel better soon!!!
Those CD "cases" are very nice!!!