Friday, May 13, 2011

Stamping is Good for the Environment

Ever make something that just doesn't turn out just the way you intend, but you're reticent to throw it away? Well, those pieces and parts can spark creativity when you least expect it, so don't throw them away!

This happened to me recently. I was making a quick card after I returned from visiting a friend and seeing her new kitchen when I spied a scrap of debossed card stock that I had colored using my brayer. Immediately I was reminded of the walls of my friend's kitchen and interrupted my work on the card I was making to use that scrap to make a card for her!

I didn't have to do much to incorporate this element into a card, other than cut it in half so I could use it as a border to the sentiment I chose. I had another left over sitting around too--a card base that I had embossed with the Framed Tulips TI Folder that didn't go through quite straight. The frame was still usable as an element, though, so I trimmed it and mounted it on a Riding Hood Red card base, which matched the scrap of textured card stock.

I added the sentiment from Inspired by Nature that communicated what I wanted to write to her about and the card was complete! Another morale to this story? Stamping is good for the environment; it reduces waste and recycles!

No comments: