Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Pressed Flowers, the Big Shot Way

When the new Summer Mini Catalog debuted May 1, one of the first things to go on my order was the latest addition to SU's line of Textured Impressions Folders for the Big Shot. This one is called Flower Garden, and it creates a LOVELY impression of four flowers! I had seen it used a bunch of different ways, all of them seemingly quick and easy. Here's my first attempt. Trust me, there will be more to follow.

I embossed a piece of Whisper White card stock and used my Stampin' Pastels for this project. With the help of sponge daubers, I was able to place the chalk right where I wanted it. The color scheme here is Pink Passion and Certainly Celery. This was so easy! A set of these cards would be a perfect end-of-the-year gift for a teacher, wouldn't they?

The sentiment is from Because I Care, a Level 1 Hostess set. I stamped it using Old Olive classic ink, because my Color Coach told me that it is a Dynamic Duo to Certainly Celery. Love tools that eliminate guesswork.

Here's an embellished version that I created for my sister's birthday card. Her day is today--happy birthday, little sister! The sentiment is from Best Dad Ever, a set from the Summer Mini that I'll be profiling later this week.

Tomorrow I'll show you a prototype for a set of monogrammed cards using this same TI Folder.

No comments: