Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Letters and Flowers

A friend asked me to design a card that could be monogrammed so that she could make some for her kids' teachers as end-of-the-year gifts. This is what I came up with, using the Lovely Letters alphabet and Flower Garden Textured Impressions Folder from the new Summer Mini (you can view the entire catalog by clicking on the icon on the sidebar!). The goal is that the card can be mass produced quickly, and I think the design lends itself to this.

I used Peach Parfait card stock from the InColor Collection (did you know our InColors are kept around for 2 years now, instead of 1? It's GREAT!), and lined up the TI Folder on the outside edge instead of the inside fold. I tried it both ways and this is the way I liked best.

The monogram is created by stamping my "J" from Lovely Letters in Poppy Parade classic ink and punching it out with a 1 3/8" Circle Punch. Then I punched out 1.75" Scallop Circle and punched out the center with the same circle punch, creating a frame for the monogram.

This could've been placed on the card front, but I liked the idea of placing it on the card's interior, so I punched a hole through the card front with said circle punch and placed it inside using a Stampin' Dimensional. What do you think? This design could be used with any color card stock and coordinating ink to match the recipient's favorites.

No comments: