Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sail Away Father's Day

As I shared with you yesterday, the new Sail Away a la carte stamp in the Summer Mini is a great investment for masculine birthday cards. I'm also enjoying using it to create Father's Day cards.

My dad has always been intrigued by sailboats and old ships with masts, although he's not a waterbug at all. For years, there has been a picture of a boat called the James Arnold, coincidentally my father's name!, hanging in my parent's home, and until a recent move, a large model of a ship with several sails was displayed on the fireplace mantle.

My father-in-law is the one responsible for instilling a love of the water in my husband. From the time my husband was in elementary school until the present, summer weekends have been equated with Lake Puckaway in Wisconsin, and Lake Puckaway has been equated with boating. So I know both my fathers will appreciate this image this Father's Day.

I followed the lead of a card I saw on Stampin' Connection, a private gallery for SU! demonstrators (you could join my team and get access to thousands of great card ideas--ask me how!), and stamped the image with Whisper White craft ink and embossed it on Not Quite Navy card stock with white embossing powder. Then I cut a matting of Cherry Cobbler card stock and planned to mount all that on Whisper White card stock. Then I started playing around with incorporating the Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine into the design, and I framed the image with it! The whole thing was too stark on the Whisper White, so I pulled out some Sahara Sand card stock for a base and it all came together.

The sentiment is from another new set in the Summer Mini called Best Dad Ever. It has 4 sentiments in masculine fonts--FINALLY!--including Happy Father's Day. There is also an image of ties; poor dads, they get ties most of the time for this holiday, don't they? I bought the set for the sentiments, and for $14.95 for clear-mount, it's a great deal!

Rmember that you can shop online by clicking on the Shop Onlie 24/7 button on the sidebar. Click on the picture of the Summer Mini to view it online too!

No comments: