Wednesday, September 15, 2010

InColor Collection Inchie

I've been slow to embrace the new InColor Collection. I think it's because I'm enjoying the renovated Color Collections and I don't feel I need more colors. I bought them, though, so I need to use them! The great thing about this new set of five is that it will be available for two years instead of just one. That takes the stress out of having to use them or lose them in a shorter period of time.

My first attempt uses a layout from Julie Freysinger and all the colors in the collection. If you haven't been "introduced", here are the colors in the latest InColor Collection: Pear Pizazz, Peach Parfait, Poppy Parade, Concord Crush, and Blushing Bride. The base I used is BB, and the rest of the colors are represented in the 1" squares that are mounted on a 3" square of Crumb Cake card stock.

I know I've told you this before, but I LOVE THESE INCHIES! They're from the Level 1 Hostess Set Cute by the Inch, and they're so fun to work with, especially if you enjoy coloring direct to rubber. I like that I can apply color right where I want to and create this little painting of sorts. I'll have another card featuring this set later this week.

One last note about this card: in case you're wondering how I got the ribbon to appear as though it's going all the way around the card, I cut a slit in the scored seam of the card and threaded it through and tied a square knot.

No comments: