Friday, September 10, 2010

Falling Leaves Card

The South is lovely in the fall, but the ratio of evergreens to deciduous trees is skewed in favor of the pines, so for me, falling leaves are a big deal.

I saw a great tutorial for this card (which I'll post here after my 2 events this month--I have to incent you to come somehow!), and she made it look so easy that I decided to give it a whirl. I'm considering using this as one of the cards for my Stamp-A-Stack and another monthly group I host (hi, Dunwoody Stamper Gals!), but I was concerned it might take too long to assemble. It's really quick and easy, once you get the pieces cut. Since I'll have that part done already, this makes this a "go" for the events.

This card features moving parts, which are made using a strip of 2" x 9" card stock scored at 2", 2.75", 3.5" and 4.25". I used Season of Friendship, Woodgrain background stamp, Soft Suede card stock, Very Vanilla card stock, and Early Espresso classic ink and .25" grosgrain ribbon. It's really fun to make. Here's a little video that shows how the card moves:



If you'd like to attend the Stamp-A-Stack that will feature this card, it will be held Sat., Sept. 26, from 10a-1p, at my home in Cumming. Just leave a comment indicating your interest and a way to get in touch with you, and I'll add you to my guest list!

1 comment:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

Hm, I live in Illinois where the leaves will be falling all too soon. There are two enormous deciduous trees across from my school (they dwarf the little house and front yard they're in) that are gorgeous.

Anyway...

Your cards are gorgeous! I thought it was interesting that your son's not into cards. I always buy one for my son, he's 24, because I hope he'll keep them and remember from them how much he means to me.

Those who receive your cards must feel blessed!

Thanks for your comment on my newbie knitting. I turn 50 next month, and I'm trying to find some new things I CAN do.