Friday, January 29, 2010

Just in Time for Valentine's Day!

I know you're probably thinking, "Don't rush it, girl! I still have 2 weeks until Valentine's Day." Yes, you do, but if you're like me, you tend to wait until the last minute, and you don't communicate everything you want to because you haven't allowed enough time to let your thoughts about your loved one really solidify.

Well, this quick card will get the loving thoughts flowing! Inspired by Andrea Walford, fellow SU! demonstrator, this card is whimsical and perfect for either an adult or child recipient.

It starts with a base of Ruby Red card stock. After all the Real Red I used on the McDonald's Fry Box cards, I was ready for a different shade of the hue! I also chose to use the 3-heart stamp from Love You Much as the background on the Kraft card stock. I stamped it in White Craft Ink and embossed it with White Embossing Powder.

I liked what Andrea had done to make the hugs and kisses scalloped circle the focal point of her design, but I changed it up a bit by the placement of my ribbon. This is still some of my favorite ribbon ever--3/4" wide double-stitched Chocolate Chip--and you can see that it doesn't take much to really make a statement!

The scalloped circle is stamped in Chocolate Chip and colored with a Stampin' Write! RR Marker. I also stamped the center heart a second time and popped it up on dimensionals for some added visual interest. I punched out a 2" (non-SU!) scalloped circle in Chocolate Chip to mat the focal image with for more impact. The accompanying accentuating hearts are punched from Ruby Red with the 3-Heart Punch that coordinates with this set.

This is one of 5 cards being offered at my February Stamp-A-Stack, Feb. 5, 6, and 7. Contact me for details if you'd like to attend!

No comments: