Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wondering Where I've Been?

Well, it's not that I haven't been making cards. It's just that I reached a halting point because I couldn't work under the conditions I'd created! Check it out! This afternoon I determined that nothing else would happen in there until those spaces were cleared or at least organized. About 45 min. later, I had a clean desktop on which to photograph lots of cards I'd created just for you!



This first one is one I made last night, when I was completely unsure I would have 5 designs for this weekend's Stamp-A-Stack. I've had this card by Nancy Riley stored in my Google Reader favorites for 3 months, and it was just the inspiration I needed to get my creative juices flowing. (Props to Karen Giron for the sketch!)

The base is More Mustard and the 1.25" squares are from the Autumn Vine Designer Series Paper pack. This is retired, but I want to use up my stuff, so I'm making a little dent, 1.25" at a time! There are 8 total. The center square features more of the DSP, the larger pattern of the same one used in the smaller squares becomes the focal point matted on Chocolate Chip card stock. There's the sentiment "you're so thoughtful" from Absolutely Fabulous stamped in Chocolate Chip there amidst the leaves and vines. The ribbon is Sage Shadow .25" grosgrain, and I cut a slit in the fold of the card base to thread it through to tie a knot.

More cards forthcoming, now that they're all photographed! Posts for days! Thanks for sticking with me through the periods of silence.

1 comment:

sandra said...

I really love this one