Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Multi-Hued Medallion

One of the hottest stamps from the new catalog is the Medallion background stamp. I've seen MANY cards using it, but my favorite is this one on SCS by BevMom. (I had a real thing for rainbows when I was in middle school, and I've never quite gotten over it.) This card spoke to me immediately, and I had to try my hand at it. I used nine inks, mostly from the Earth Elements color family, and applied the ink direct to the rubber using sponge daubers. Here's the list, for those who want to know: Cameo Coral, Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun, Old Olive, Garden Green, Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, and Elegant Eggplant.

Here's the completed card with the stamp. You can see that I left the center uninked. The circle is the same size as our newest circle punch, which measures 1.75". That's in the mail, so you'll be seeing some other card creations which incorporate the center and even highlight it.

We'll be using this stamp at this month's Stamp-A-Stack, which will be held on Sat., Sept. 19, from 10a-1p, at my house. If you'd like to host a gathering of friends at your house to do some great stamping, leave me a comment!

No comments: