Tuesday, September 29, 2009

More Birthday Cards

I have a few things to show you, but I want to hold off just a bit longer. I realize it has been awhile since I posted, so I thought I'd tide you over by giving you some card eye candy. This card is from my friend Connie in IL. She got into card making several years after I did, and we spent good quality time while I lived there crafting together. She has used her talents to support her local crisis pregnancy center by making cards for them to use, and she also makes cards for her church to send out to those who are ill or shut-in and can't make it to services. Don't you love how card making can encourage others? Thanks, Connie, for encouraging me on my birthday!

The other handmade card I received is from my friend Elisabeth, who lives in England with her family. She just moved there last year, and has found stamping to be a wonderful way to meet new people and help them nurture their creativity--some of whom never thought they had any! She has limited space and limited supplies, but such a beautiful way of making the most of what she has. She knows how I love earth tones. Thanks, Elisabeth!

No comments: