Friday, September 4, 2009

Flight of a Three-step Stamped Butterfly

This card was inspired by this one that I saw online at SCS awhile back. I liked the color combination of Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay, and Kraft. I also loved the little border along the bottom that Disneywed created.

This is how I reinterpreted the card. The butterflies abounded, dancing along the upper and lower borders. The Flight of the Butterfly set features 2-step stamping for the 'flies, and this time I combined 3 of the images to create my focal point. The solid image, inked in Sahara Sand (there is no Kraft ink available), was the base. I then stamped the dotted butterfly in CC and topped it with the dotted outlined image in BB. Can you say Stamp-A-Ma-Jig?! I never would have been able to line up those three without that tool.

I really like this whimsical card, and the sentiment from the set is perfect for wishing someone well, be it on their birthday or on some other occasion. You can purchase this set by clicking on my "shop now 24/7" icon in the upper right sidebar of this blog and have butterflies fluttering around your stamp room too!

No comments: