Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Said I'd Be Back Later

...and I just realized it's 9:37 pm, I've been up since 3:30 AM, and I'm not tired yet. What's up with that? Must've been somethin' in the chemicals I used during my housecleaning blitz. Clean hardwood floors, clean bathrooms (2 out of 3 ain't bad), and professionally cleaned carpets (goodbye red paw prints!!!) Whatever! I'm taking advantage!

I was perusing some of the demonstrator-only preview materials from the new Fall-Winter 2008 Catalog, and this color combination was shown. I would NEVER have thought to pair Rose Red, Perfect Plum, More Mustard, and Old Olive, but it looked good in the picture, so I pulled out said colors and began crafting.

This card utilizes the Garden Silhouettes set, which is a retired Hostess set from the Fall-Winter 2007 Catalog. It's so straightforward that I'm not going to insult you with the details. Besides, it's getting late and my carpets will dry better if I'm not hovering over them waiting for them to!

I'm not sure I chose the right base color, and I can picture this with some antique brass hardware or ribbon, but I don't have any of either that would work and wouldn't be certain where to put said stuff, so they're not included. I'd welcome any suggestions though!

I pulled the sentiment from A Beautiful Thing and re-stamped it in a vertical layout thanks to my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig (definitely the best investment this year). Love all those mini layers!

Okay, I really should wash my face, brush my teeth, and collapse. I don't work tomorrow, so don't expect to hear from me in the morning!

No comments: