Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I'm Not Sure What to Say...

but I think "THANKS!" is my first response to your feedback on my last post! As I thought, body image is something that's on our minds, especially here in the US, and I'm not so sure if that's such a good thing.

To my fellow stampers in Norway (and yes, I do know where it is!), thanks for helping this American get a little perspective on the whole matter! :-) It's not that I don't like Krilla; please don't misunderstand! But I do think it says something about the image crazy culture I live in that it caused me some angst instead of enjoyment as I created the card. Sad, really...

Some made the analogy that a recipient of a card with a cow image on it wouldn't consider that the sender is trying to infer she's a cow, and I can see that point. However, I wouldn't put a picture of a cow on a birthday card and put a sentiment with it that said, "Happy Birthday and many Moooore!" I do want the image to reflect the occasion of the card and I really design my cards with individuals in mind, so my choice is very personal. Above all, I strive to encourage through my cards, and I don't want there to be any opportunity for a misunderstanding. That's all.

As my Dove dark wrapper advised, "Don't think about it so much" and so that's what I'm going to do.

Really, though, I appreciate your comments SO much, and it's good to know you'll speak from your heart and share your thoughts. Be back soon with another card...

No comments: