Thursday, July 3, 2008

2 CASEs for the 4th


Having not stamped in over a week, I thought I might not be able to come up with something. I was inspired, though, by Laurie Schmidlin's color scheme and one of her design elements, as well as one of Taylor Van Bruggen's layouts. At first I thought that I didn't have a star stamp, but I found one in the proving-ever-more-versatile-all-the-time Fun & Fast Notes set.

The color scheme is River Rock for the base, Blue Bayou for the background (can you see how it's scored on the diagonal--a nod to Laurie here), Ruby Red for the 1.5" squares (they're distressed with scissors to fray the edges), and 1.25" Very Vanilla squares for the stars. BB ink, RR Stampin' Write markers, slot punch, BB double-stitched ribbon, and silver brads complete the list of items used.

I know someone who has a special birthday today, but I don't think she'll mind receiving this a day or two late. It's the thought that counts, right?

I hope you take time tomorrow to be thankful for our freedom. As you enjoy being with friends and family, take a few moments to pray for our troops who are giving so sacrificially to defend it.

P.S. The word from my coworkers is that we won't know if our Starbucks is one of the 600 that is being closed until mid-month, so I'll keep you posted. The number of people asking over the past few days has to be an indication that our store is well-liked, right?

2 comments:

Lydia Fiedler said...

Wow - absolutely spectacular. I actually had to pull out this stamp set because I totally forgot about that cute little star. Really nice. I will pray that there's no store closing. I'm so sad that any are closing, really, because I know each store has regulars like me that will be heartbroken to lose that connection with their sbux family. :(

Nancy Riley said...

Jenn, your 4th of July card is FABULOUS! I love that patriotic color combo! HAPPY 4TH !!!!