Saturday, January 12, 2008

Time Well Spent...But Not.


This card is headed to my parents to thank them for the generosity they showed us at Christmas, so it was worth the time investment to make. But sheesh! I saw this basic design online at SCS by Lynn Mercurio, and I thought it would be a piece of cake. NOT!

Not that it was hard to make, but just time consuming. Cutting out the large flowers twice, snipping the leaves, stamping a background onto both the Wild Wasabi base and the Barely Banana accent strips, doing the coloring (which is made more challenging by the fact that SU! doesn't offer SU! markers in the InColor collection colors), and the layering. Why can't I just keep it simple?

Well, not everything works out as you intend, but that doesn't mean it wasn't worthwhile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think your parents will appreciate much more the card knowing that it was not easy to make...and it turned out very beautiful.