Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Arrgh...

I want to post photos of cards that will be featured at my upcoming Stamp-A-Stack, so I was pleased to have a chunk of time this evening while Bob was with a client from work to craft. Well, it didn't go the way I'd hoped.

I'm putting together a variety of cards, since this isn't a thematic SAS. I did realize, however, that I won't be hosting another SAS until AFTER Valentine's Day, so then I needed to come up with a Valentine's Day card to put in the mix. I experimented with a few layouts, but one seemed way too bland and the other WAY too complicated.

Scrapping those, I salvaged the focal image from the complicated one and tried again for simple. Well, this is what I ended up with. I don't like mixing sentiments from sets, and, in hindsight, the sentiment I used on my last card--"too much of a good thing is a GOOD THING"--would probably fit here better.

ANYWAY, I'm getting frustrated, so I'm done for the evening. Bob just walked in, and I'm taking him up on his offer to watch the James Taylor dvd he bought me for Christmas. Here's what the card looks like on the inside, and why you see a knot at the top of it in the previous photo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like it a lot