Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sweet Stems for Spring...Two Ways

Hi there! At this very moment, the sun is shining, but we have had a lot of clouds and rain the past week. All necessary, I know, but the sunshine so lifts my spirit.

While I was away, I hosted March's Stamp-A-Stack. This is the early version of the card I made using Sweet Stems. I chose the emboss resist technique, stamping each of the delicate line art floral images in Versamark on Whisper White card stock and then heat embossing them with white detail powder. Then I inked up my brayer with Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana, and Bashful Blue and stroked it over each panel until I achieved the color saturation I wanted.

When I was done, I was really pleased with the look, but it was going to take too long for the SAS. So, I went back to the drawing board and recreated the card using the same three colors of card stock as the base, instead of the WW. It's not quite as eye popping, but it's still beautiful.

The Certainly Celery mat onto which the panels were mounted with dimensionals is also stamped in CC with the largest flower stamp in the set to create a subtle background. The base is Lovely Lavender. I really like the white satin ribbon that is running through the middle.

The sentiment at the bottom right is from Absolutely Fabulous, a sentiment only set in Kristina Werner's handwriting. (She is no longer at SU!, so a set of this type will not be produced again. Sad.) It too is stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with white detail powder. The embossing buddy, which eliminates static electricity, was critical here, so that no stray dots of powder were embossed accidentally.

Hope this card brightens your day. What favorite flower of yours is in bloom in your garden or around your neighborhood? I'm waiting for tulips, but I'm enjoying the budding trees.

1 comment:

sandra said...

this was one of my favorites at the last SAS