Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Spring Brings Babies!

Friends of ours had their second daughter just before Easter, and this is the card I sent them. I used a layout from Jen del Muro (I think), and I made it a square card instead of the usual 4.25"x5.5" size.

Not much to say, really. This one's pretty straightforward. I used some retired DSP and added 4 little hearts up at the top, since the arrival of London made them a family of 4.

The base is So Saffron, and the hearts are in Old Olive, done with my 3-Heart Punch. You may be able to tell, if you look closely, that the mats of the DSP squares look colored. That's because they ARE! I didn't have any Pretty in Pink card stock, so I used Pink Pirouette. It turned out to be too light, so I colored around the edges with my PiP marker!

Since we're talking babies, let me share with you a mock-up of an invitation I made for one of my newest customers. She has a friend who wants to make baby shower invitations, but is convinced they won't be any less expensive than the ones she had made with a printer.

She shared that she wants to use the nursery's colors of lavendar, deep purple, olive green, light yellow, and a touch of pink in the invitations. She also wanted something that wasn't cutesy, but more contemporary. What do you think?

The supplies for 50 of this invite will cost under $100 and she will have 2 punches and enough card stock left over to make matching place cards and thank you notes for the expectant mom. You tell me where you're going to find 50 invitations for that price that look THAT CUTE!

1 comment: