Monday, December 8, 2008

Don't Believe Everything You Read

ARGH!!!! I'm very frustrated right now. Thanks to a loyal reader, I was informed that the innocent email I received several weeks ago providing information leading me to believe I could send Christmas cards--why would I suspect this to be untrue?--was BOGUS. Walter Reed Army Medical Center will NOT accept cards addressed to "A Recovering Wounded Soldier".

The GOOD NEWS is that the Red Cross is collecting cards and will distribute them to recovering soldiers and veterans on my behalf. The BAD NEWS is that the deadline for posting these cards is Dec. 10! If you'd like to put some cards in the mail for these heroes, here's the CORRECT address to send them to:

Holiday Mail for Heroes
P.O. Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD. 20791-5456

The cards that were made on Sunday were just a fraction of the cards that have been signed by my customers the last few weeks, so we will still have a very good stash to send out on Wednesday. Live and learn, peeps! Thanks a BUNCH to Teresa for alerting me and saving the day for the cooperative effort at Starbucks!!

No comments: