Friday, June 22, 2007

Welcome to the Neighborhood

It's hard to believe that it was nearly a year ago when this card would've been something I would've expected to receive from a new neighbor! The families on our street were so welcoming...but that's another story that has already been covered in another blog!

This card was part of my June Stamp-A-Stack offerings because it uses the Right at Home set, which is being retired at the end of the month. I borrowed it from a fellow demonstrator, and creating a layout with it made me want to own it.

This style of card is called a topper, and I first saw it on Michelle Wooderson's blog, Mish Mash.
You really ought to check out this creative Kansan's work! She gives really helpful tips, and was one of my inspirations for starting this blog!

Anyway, the card is made with Night of Navy card stock cut vertically at 4 1/4" and horizontally at 8 1/2" and then folded in half. The Really Rust background is stamped with a large already-retired background called Geometrics to simulate bricks. The houses were stamped with Night of Navy ink. The sentiment was inked using a Really Rust and a Night of Navy Stampin' Write Marker. This card will fit in a regular medium sized envelope.

I was able to put this card to use sooner than I anticipated. One of the first women to welcome me to GA, Linda Ebert, moved last week. Wanting to "pay forward" the kindness she extended me, I gave her this card to give to the new owners of their house and provided inside our contact information. This card would make great thank yous for real estate agents, and I may have to make an extra to send to our wonderful agent on the 1-year anniversary of the purchase of our house here. It really was a God thing that we found this house, sold ours in IL, and moved within 6 weeks last summer.

We're leaving tomorrow--TOMORROW!!--for IL to see friends. We can hardly wait!! I'll continue posting while I'm there...may even have some good shots of our old hometown. Thanks for stoppin' by!

1 comment:

Alhambra Club said...

What a great card, love those topper cards. Really like the color combo you used.