Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Quick and Easy Invitation


A few weeks ago, our neighbors Heather and Steve rang our doorbell and asked what dates we might have available for a culdesac party. I thought it was a great idea, and told them we'd help them when they figured out a date. I also shared that I'd be willing to help by putting together an invitation.

Here's what came together when Heather and I sat down last week:

Having no stamps that said "picnic" or "party," we established a more general theme of "CELEBRATE." The base is gable green, and I'm really enjoying having the Bold Brights color family to work with. It's perfect for summer.

The sentiment is from Lexicon of Love, which is retiring at the end of this month. I really like it and will miss it! The circles and dots are from the hostess set Riveting, which I have really enjoyed using also. The circles are done in Tempting Turquoise, and the dots in Only Orange. So summery! Adding the "you're invited" from the All Year Cheer II, which is also retiring, finished this off and made it very clear what the purpose of the card was. This was a postcard card, so the information was printed off on white paper and adhered to the back.

So far, only one family besides the 2 planning the event has RSVP'd, but I think we still get points for offering the opportunity for connection!

We have been almost a foot behind in rainfall year-to-date here in GA, so we were all excited when it began to rain last night, and continued to do so for longer than 5 minutes. Happy day everyone!

1 comment:

~*~ Allison ~*~ said...

This card is SO cute!! I love the colors!

Great job - TFS!