Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sweet Treat Holder

There are many fun ideas floating about the internet for packaging treat size candies for Valentine's Day. One I enjoyed making was designed by Sue Bendinsky, fellow demonstrator. I like that it didn't rely on any diecuts from the BigShot. It's just folded card stock, which means it's easy for kids and parents to make together!

The Whisper White card stock base for this is 4.25" x 8.5", scored at 3" and 6.25" along the 8.5" length. Now I know I just said you don't need a BigShot for this project, and you don't. I just couldn't resist jazzing mine up a bit by using my Square LatticeTextured Impressions Folder. Don't worry; it'll be very cute without this element!

I used the Scallop Edge Border Punch along the edge, and my Small Heart Punch for the nine hearts. The hearts were punched from Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo, and Rich Razzleberry card stocks. These are all in the Brights Collection, so they coordinate with Real Red, also part of that collection, perfectly. They are adhered with Mini Glue Dots, which makes placement quick and easy. A 16" length of 1/8" Real Red taffeta ribbon holds the package closed. That ribbon comes in 14 colors, so you could change up the color scheme here and still have plenty of options!

The "friend to friend" sentiment is from Love You Much. I think it's just right for valentines for kids at school. The pocket is held together with two strips of Sticky Strip, double-sided tape that's only 1/4" wide.

It's not too late to order supplies to make these cute holders before Valentine's Day! All the items you'll need are highlighted in this post. You'll have plenty to make for several classes of children, with leftover supplies. If a group of you wants to go together to purchase the supplies and share them, that can be arranged. You can shop online through my store or you can contact me directly by leaving a comment with an email address and I'll get you set up!

For easy list making, here's what I used:

Whisper White card stock 100730
Brights Collection card stock 119706
Scallop Edge Border Punch 119882
Small Heart Punch 117193
Mini Glue Dots 103683
Sticky Strip 104294
Love You Much stamp set 113756

Happy crafting!

No comments: