Friday, January 7, 2011

Letterpress Love!

SU! debuted a new product in the Holiday Mini Catalog. It's called a Letterpress Plate, and with it and the Big Shot, you can create the look of letterpress. The items have carried over to the new Occasions Mini, and they bring elegance to Valentine's Day cards. The first photo is of what the letterpress--entitled Lots of Love--looks like after it has gone through the Big Shot. It's subtle but stunning. One of the other things you can do, just like with traditional letterpress plates, is add ink. That's what I chose to do while I was experimenting with this technique, and a lovely accident occurred.

I added Frost White Shimmer Paint and used Basic Gray again as the card stock. Then I added Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder and heat embossed it. Somehow the ink and EP combined to create this tarnished silver look that is so cool!
I matted the main image with Whisper White and Basic Black and mounted it on a 5.5" square card of Basic Gray.


I decided this card needed very little embellishment, except these little items. They're called Trinket Keys, and there are 4 in a set. Couple this with a new stamp set called You're a Gem that includes the phrase "key to my heart" and a perfect symphony of elements coalesces--cue Michael Buble magic. What man wouldn't want to know that he has the key to your heart? As you can tell, I haven't received my latest order, or you'd be viewing the card attached to the front with silver cord.

You can order everything used to create this card by making a list of the highlighted items and using my online shopping link, or you can attend my monthly Stamp-A-Stack on Jan. 29 and make it! Leave a comment if you'd like to register your attendance.

No comments: