Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Snowpocalypse and More Love

Hey all! I've been a little distracted this week with the 6" of snow that the good Lord dumped on the Atlanta area Sunday night. I've been responsible for getting the store's workforce to the building each day, since I'm the only one with a large vehicle capable of traversing snow with 4 wheel drive. The shift supervisor stayed at my house for 3 nights because she lives too far from the store to make it in in this weather. We were open 3 hours on Monday, 5 hours yesterday, and will be open 8 hours today. Three days later there are many still trapped in their subdivisions, since those roads haven't been plowed at all and they're hilly and glazed with ice.

It has been quite an adventure, and I hope that things will get back to normal by the weekend. The boy hasn't had school all week, and who knows if he'll go Friday. All the built-in "inclement weather" days the school system had in the calendar have been used, and it looks like we'll be losing some extra days around President's Day and Easter. Michael could care less what it means for the future; he's just happy to have had all the time in the world to play computer games!

Before the storm struck, I did make some cards, which I'll share with you over the next few days.

My last post was of a card using Lots of Love Letterpress Plate for the Big Shot, and this one is another example. This is a CASE of Lydia Fiedler's card. I used Crumb Cake and inked the plate with Whisper White craft ink. I love the look! I mounted it on Cherry Cobbler and added the heart from Always, also stamped in Cherry Cobbler. I added some Victoria Crochet Trim and Cherry Cobbler seam binding and made it wavy by adding tape to the back and scrunching it against the card stock as I went. I'm still not sure how I feel about this way of adding ribbon to a project, but I'm going with it and hoping it'll grow on me. What do you think of it?

No comments: