Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Top Note Tent Card

Better late than never! That's my motto for today. I committed to posting something today, and it may be late, but I'm not going to bed until I do!

I found out last night that the mother of a friend of mine passed away. I needed to get a card in the mail, and today's tutorial on SCS for tent cards helped me get the job done. Of course, I couldn't just do it the easy way the way Beate recommended, but with enough adapting, I achieved the look I wanted and had a card that would stand up on my friend's desk to remind her that I care.

The flowers are from Fifth Ave. Floral, and the mat they're placed on is called a Top Note Bigz Die for the Big Shot. I used this because it is new to me, and because I don't have a die that will cut a single circle big enough to serve as a window for an object. I colored the flowers with Rose Red markers after stamping them on Pretty in Pink card stock. The sentiment is from Because I Care.

I'll write a message on the back of this and hope that my friend is encouraged when it arrives.

No comments: