Saturday, July 31, 2010

Simply Stunning Friends Never Fade

Some things are so good, they don't need to be improved. Such is the case with this card from SCS. Isn't it elegant?

The Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Folder really shines here, and I love that I now know you can dry emboss only a portion of a card front using it in the Big Shot. The image is from Friends Never Fade, and was colored direct to rubber using the Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, and Old Olive Stampin' Write Markers.

For the sentiment, I inked the image that goes with the set that includes the wording using PP ink. I just cut out what I wanted and left the rest behind! I highlighted the word "never" with my DD marker. The piece is popped up on Stampin' Dimensionals.

The ribbon is DD 1/4" grosgrain. I wrapped it around the card and tied the bow separately. There's a 1/8" ribbon in this color, and I think I'm going to have to include it in my next order. Still, I don't think the 1/4" is too substantial for the card.

I'm off to the Farmers' Market this morning--I have a whole Saturday to do whatever I want! I'm hoping for sweet corn for dinner this evening.

No comments: