Saturday, July 17, 2010

Revvin' up a Customized Bike Card

When I was stamping with Nina Wednesday evening, we decided to make a separate card inspired by the interior of the motorcycle card I profiled a few days ago. It was really fun to create because we made it using the colors of her husband's motorcycle. Brilliant Blue is now retired, but she was tickled that I had some scraps available so that we could customize the card to match her man's wheels.

The technique used to create the main image may have some name, but I don't know what it's called. It's supposed to create the look of motion, and I think it's effective. To achieve this, simply ink your stamp well, start at the right of your card stock and stamp once. WITHOUT reinking, inch the image backward and stamp again. Repeat this until you can't get an image to print on the paper. That's matted on Basic Grey card stock that has had its edges roughed with a pair of scissors.

Nina took home a stamped image that she's going to color using her BB marker (I sold her husband my entire Bold Brights family of markers and inks for Nina's Mother's Day present!), cut out, and mount on top of the first image. (If you follow the link above, you'll see what I mean.) I think Scott's gonna love it!

The Square Lattice Textured Impressions Folder was used to create the BB large mat as well as the faux chrome strip--it's heavy duty aluminum foil! We decided to give it some grit by stamping the Wonderfully Worn background stamp on it with Basic Grey. Then it was cut in half and one edge torn and inked with BG. So grungy! Everything's mounted on a Whisper White base, which may be hard to see in the photo.

Motorcycle is an a la carte stamp; one of very few that SU! offers. What I think would be fantastic--are you listening, SU!?--is to carry it over to the next catalog (it's in the Summer Mini until Aug. 31) and create a set with some good sentiments. Here's a few I'd suggest: "You get my motor runnin'..."; "All revved up over you."; and "Born to be WILD".

What saying would you want for this image?

No comments: