Monday, July 19, 2010

More New Products--Friends Never Fade

One of the items available for pre-order from the new catalog was Friends Never Fade and the coordinating Designer Series Paper, Greenhouse Gala. I didn't jump on the bandwagon. I wanted to see what else was in the catalog before I decided. Well, I decided, and here's the first card with the set and the DSP. I have to thank Marie for inspiring this look.

I used Cajun Craze, a new core color in the Regals Collection, as my base, and I paired it with now-retired Dusty Durango (gotta use it up!). I used my Big Shot to create a stunning embossed background using the Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Folder. I'm tellin' ya, those TI folders are really great!

I added a 2.5" strip of the GG DSP, matted it on more CC, and then turned my attention to the main image. The colors featured in this piece of GG DSP are Pear Pizazz, Daffodil Delight, and Pumpkin Pie. (Click here to see the rest of the patterns in this package.) I don't have the Pear Pizazz ink pad yet, so I pulled out Certainly Celery and discovered it was its Dynamic Duo. I stamped it on Whisper White and then stamped it again on a scrap so that I could color the flower with my markers. I adhered it with some Stampin' Dimensionals after I cut it out. I tied some WW taffeta ribbon around the whole panel just to give it a little somethin' extra.

I'm tellin' ya, this is THE BEST Big Idea Book & Catalog I've seen since I became a customer over 10 years ago. If you don't have a copy of your own already, you can shop online by clicking here. I'd also love to partner with you to provide a hands-on experience using these fantastic new items. Interested? Contact me and let's get a date on the calendar. There's so much I can't profile here on the blog, and you need to see it ALL for yourself.

No comments: